Bassinets for Bed Sharing: We know how difficult it is for the new parents to keep their bunch of happiness away, even for a second. While sleeping even you can’t keep them away because of multiple reasons.
Co-sleeping with your baby will not only help you as a parent but also will keep your child cozy. When a baby’s sleep is at stake you can’t compromise it with anything. A cozy bassinet will get your work done. By providing a small and comfortable space for your little one.
In this article, we have reviewed some of the best bassinets for bed-sharing. While some parents love the in-bed arrangement, others like the bedside arrangement more. We have covered bassinets for both of these arrangements.
List Of 10 Best Bassinets for Bed Sharing
Best Bassinets for Bed Sharing: In- Bed Sleeping
Sleeping with your baby is a nourishing experience. It not only helps build a connection but also it gives a cozy space. This also makes stuff like breastfeeding, diaper changing convenient.
Though co-sleeping is really comfortable for your baby it needs attentiveness. The loose bedding and sheets can be suffocating for a little baby. You need to take care of this as you can’t impose any risk.
To prevent all these risks you need to be careful while choosing the mattress and bedding. It is advisable to not use loose quilts. Although the best method to prevent any kind of risk is a bassinet.
A co-sleeping bassinet will provide a comfortable space for your baby. It also reduces all kinds of risks. The best bassinets for bed-sharing for in-bed sleeping are given below.
This is the best bassinet for an in-bed sleeping arrangement. The sturdy frame provides a separate sleeping space for your baby. Meanwhile, it keeps you close to your little one as well.
The metal sides make SwaddleMe strong and reduce any kinds of risks due to suffocation. SwaddleMe comes with mesh sidewalls that keep airflow in check. This doesn’t let the baby get overheated.
Moreover, it is extremely light in weight. You can take this with you anywhere you travel to. It makes for a great travel bassinet as well. The price makes it even more worth it.
The glowing, vibrating, and collapsible side make it an extremely great option. The mattress provided is rather solid so that the bassinet doesn’t collapse. It helps in keeping the back straight.
- Sturdy metal frame
- Mesh sidewalls
- Hard mattress for modern sleep standards
- Lightweight and portable
- Roomy, takes space
- Usage time is less( up to about 3 months only)
- High Security: The travel bassinet is designed with a steel frame to ensure stability.
- Healthy Airflow: The breathable viewing windows makes the baby feel comfortable and this bed bassinet is suitable for baby 0-5 months(10kg).
- Removable Mosquito Net and Canopy: Upgraded function, baby bed with safe mosquito net and canopy can protect babies from mosquito bites and sunlights.
- Foldable and Portable Design: Foldable baby bassinet can be used at bedroom, living room, kitchen, outing, picnic and other scenes. 4-layer composite sleeping pad serves different purposes in keeping your baby safe.
- After-sales Service: We are committed to providing a safe and healthy sleep and comfortable environment for every newborn baby, providing the best travel baby bed and after-sales service for every customer. Travel bassinet has become a good helper for every mother. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team.
The other option for in-bed sleeping is DockATot Deluxe+. It can be a great option for keeping your little one close to you while giving a separate space.
The raised edges provide sufficient space for the baby and parents. The snug fit the bassinet provides gives a cozy space. The baby will feel safe and secure while sleeping.
The tubes used in the raised edges are made of hypoallergenic material. This means that it is air-permeable allowing heat. It will prevent your baby from overheating.
DockATot is lightweight and portable. Suitable for traveling or tummy time. The special toys and covers can be used to make the bassinet more fun and interactive.
- Raised edges for buffer space
- hypoallergenic material
- Risk of the baby getting caught under blankets
- Made from 100% cotton. Made from high quality, hypoallergenic fabric.
- Unlike the competition, MEXXI covers do not preserve heat, which makes babies feel comfortable and relaxing.
- MEXXI replacement covers are machine washable and can be dried in a dryer.
- Our replacement covers are extremely easy to put on your dock, eliminating stress when changing covers.
- Equipped with handles on top and both sides to make it easy to carry around the house or while travelling.
Best Bassinets for Bed Sharing: Bedside Sleeping
Bedside sleeping is another arrangement that will keep your baby up close. This arrangement will provide a separate space for all the family members especially your baby.
The most vital benefit of this type of arrangement is that it reduces the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Bedside sleeping is the best possible sleeping arrangement for your baby.
This type of arrangement will ensure your baby a safe space that is well ventilated. We have compiled a list of the best bassinets for bedside sleeping. The list is given in the next section.
Halo is one of the most important companies when it comes to bassinets. We have at least one bassinet from Halo in every category. This stand-alone sleeper will provide a comfortable separate space for your baby.
Essentia series is made up of high-quality polyester material. The mesh sides allow you to have an eye on your little one. This also ensures proper ventilation.
Moreover, Essentia is a swinging bassinet. It also comes with height adjustment options. So you can swing your baby close or move them away when you want to get out of bed.
Although Halo is a bit expensive it is worth it. The more upgraded models come with storage stations, vibration settings, lullabies, and sound soothers. The nightlight feature is also provided in some versions.
- Machine washable sheets
- Safe and versatile
- Easy to clean
- Not portable
- Not easy to assemble
- EXTRA CLOSE SAFE SLEEP – The only bassinet that goes over your bed and swivels. The closest, safest alternative to co-sleeping.
- EASY LOWERING WALL – Quick access to your baby without bending or twisting. All walls are fully mesh for air flow and visibility.
- 2-IN-1 DESIGN – Converts from bedside bassinet to portable sleeper for safe naps and lounging around the house.
- HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE – Accommodates beds from 24” to 30” high. Legs tuck fully or partially under bed frames at least 4.5” from floor.
- FITTED SHEET AND MATTRESS INCLUDED – Fabric walls can be removed for machine washing. Compatible with all BassiNest accessories.
Arm’s Reach is more of a traditional bedside bassinet. It will stand on the side of your bed and give a cozy space to your baby.
Since Concepts is more of a traditional bassinet you won’t find any premium features in it. The adjustable legs make it easy for you to keep your baby at eye level.
Moreover, it comes with huge storage space. You can store all the baby essentials here. The mesh sides will ensure there is proper airflow and your baby doesn’t suffocate.
- Mesh sides
- Adjustable legs
- Huge storage space
- Not suitable for mothers who had C-section
- No vibrations, lullabies or nightlights
- ❤ Extra Soft: The bassinet sheet is made of high-quality organic cotton, without use of pesticides or other harmful chemicals. GOTS certified. Super soft, skin-friendly, breathable and non-irritating which will give your baby a soft and comfortable surface to rest.
- ❤ Fitted Sheet: Measures 16" x 30".The elastic band design ensure the bassinet sheet fit tightly with the mattress and remain flat and do not move, creating a safe and comfortable sleeping environment for the baby.
- ❤ Machine Washable: The sheets will not shrink or fade after washing, Fade-resistant and quick-drying. Machine washable on gentle cycle. Tumble dry on low heat or line dry.
- ❤ Perfect Gift: Great choice for every mom and nice baby's shower or birthday gift.
- ❤ Satisfaction Service: We will do our best to serve you until you are satisfied. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your bassinet sheet, please contact us directly.
Last but not least is this bedside sleeper from SwaddleMe. Unlike Arm’s Reach, this is not a traditional bassinet. It comes packed with features that’ll ensure a peaceful sleep.
SwaddleMe comes with height-adjustable features. You can adjust the height as per your will. The legs of the bassinet slide under the bed letting your baby even closer.
Additionally, the bassinet is of the rocking type which will swing back and forth. This gives the feel of a mother’s lap.
Moreover, it has a special inclination feature. You can incline it at 10 or 30 degrees for your ease. The sleeper also features vibration settings, sound soothers and nightlights.
- Height adjustable mechanism
- Rocking motions
- Can be inclined at 10 or 30 degrees
- features vibration settings, sound soothers etc.
- Not waterproof
- Not machine washable
- Doesn’t lay flat
- STAGE 1: The Original Swaddle is within stage 1 of 3 in the SwaddleMe Stages of Sleep. It’s perfect for your newborn who is not yet rolling over and likes to be swaddled with their arms in (approx. 0-6 months, but every baby is unique).
- SOFT AND COMFORTABLE: The SwaddleMe Original Swaddles are made out of soft fabric (100% cotton) for ultimate comfort. Plus, they are machine washable.
- SAFE & SECURE: The secure design of this swaddle blanket creates a cozy, womb-like feeling for baby and prevents startle reflex that can wake your infant. Slits on the back of swaddle are for use in swings & bouncers. Do not use in infant car seats.
- SIZE LARGE: The SwaddleMe Original Swaddle in Large fits 3-6 months, 14-18 pounds, up to 30 inches.
- SWADDLEME SLEEP STAGES: This Original Swaddle is for newborns in the first stage in the SwaddleMe Stages of Sleep. When baby starts showing signs of rolling over, then it is time to transition to Stage 2.
The arrival of a new member changes a lot of things. You have to think about a proper place for them to play, eat and most importantly sleep.
With different spaces, the requirements change. What remains constant is the functionality of bassinets. If you have a small space then you can go for in-bed sleeping. But if the comfort of your baby tops then bedside sleeping is the best.
The arrangements may change and every other parent has different requirements for their baby. In this article, we have tried to enlist the best bassinets for bed-sharing.
We have tried to enlist options for two types of sleeping arrangements. So go through it and check which one fits perfectly for all your conditions.
Last update on 2022-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API